What is the Bending Bayous Community?
A Girl Scout Community is the local volunteer support group for troops in a specific area; a place to network, share concerns, find mentors, and get answers to questions. The Community also provides opportunities for the girls to get to know other Girl Scouts in their area, for younger girls to see older girls in action, and a place where older girls can provide service and leadership.
The Bending Bayous Community is a GREAT way to draw on the experiences of fellow leaders and create local chances for girls of different ages to come together.
Who makes up the community?
Some of the main schools include Annunciation Orthodox, St. Anne, River Oaks Baptist, River Oaks Elementary, St. John’s, Wharton, and Wilson.
What does the Community do?
- Monthly meetings Quarterly Summits; All About Journeys; Making a Difference Through Service Projects; Path to Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards; Cookie Bites Round Table; Foolproof Finances; Q&A Session. Meet other leaders and get the advice you need! Share your expertise!
- Community Events Me and My Guy Dance; Community Bowling Party; Community Bridging Ceremony; Leader / Daughter Luncheon — what are your ideas? Email us your ideas.
- Provides Communication via e-mail and the website about news and events within our Community and around the Council.
- Organizes Events for troops in our Community, hosted by one of our very own troops.
- A Great Way to Network with leaders and adult volunteers both seasoned and new.
Email us if you are interested in getting more involved with the Bending Bayous Community.