Need to open a troop bank account or update the signers?
- Read these Instructions for opening a Girl Scout troop bank account
- Complete the Bank account & signers form (F-36)
Girl Scout Troop Financials Reports – Due May 31
Nockie Zizelman, Financial Specialist, Nockie.Zizelmann@mattcomfg.com
Stay tuned for information on how to upload your annual report by May 31, 2018 via the Volunteer Toolkit.
The following are the very basics for filling in the F-31 Troop Annual Financial Report form (Submission through VTK preferred, Excel Form or Handwritten/Typed Form)
|Membership registration / Patches||money to be used for GS USA registration, and basic uniform patches such as troop numbers, American flag|
|Troop bonus||plus any additional bonus|
|Fall product||earnings from Fall product sales|
|Cookie sale||earnings from cookie sales|
|Donations||beyond any small donations such as $5 here and there during cookie sale — for ex. a family gives $50|
|Additional Money Earning Activities||an approved bake sale or car wash, for example,
– see handout for more details
|Financial Aid Received||(from Council)|
|Membership registration / Patches||for GS USA registration, and basic uniform patches such as troop numbers, American flag|
|Pins, Badges Patches, etc||earned for journeys, etc / or fun patches|
|Camping||campsite reservation costs, groceries, etc|
|Trips Events Activities||zoo or museum visits, out of town trips|
|Program Supplies||journey books, scout notebooks, other supplies / crafts etc to facilitate troop meetings|
|Facilities Equipment||durable goods like a troop cooler|
|Service Projects||for ex., supplies to make a “Birthday in a Bag” donation, or thread for a project making pillowcase dresses for Africa|
|Other Expenses||if it doesn’t fit anywhere else, explain it well here|
|Bank fees||buying checks – otherwise try not to have bank fees|
- Keep your spreadsheet up to date all year to keep it easy! Use the tabs to let the form do the math for you!
- Remember not to use troop money for sales tax – use the Tax Exempt form.
- If you don’t have a receipt for an expense, make a note of the expense and why you don’t have the receipt. If Council audits your troop, you will need to show receipts.