Bending Bayous Community Camp Weekend
When? November 16 – 18, 2018
Where? Camp Agnes Arnold
Question? E-mail email@example.com
Our goal for this camp out is to have some fun — and help troops feel more camp confident!
*** Registration is now closed. ***
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Decide if your troop wants to camp both nights, just Saturday, or day-only on Saturday.
- There are lots of choices of activities in camp (Canoeing / Archery / Crafts / and more!) – none are required, you can make your schedule as you like.
- price is either $20 or $30 per person based on meal plan chosen (see below for meal plan details)
- one troop kaper per troop, and
- one adult volunteer slot per camping adult from your group
- the earlier you register, the more choices for kapers and volunteer slots 🙂
- the deposit can be paid by PayPal or by check (see the bottom of this page)
Service Project Update
BEAR Necessities serves approximately 1,000 abused/neglected children a month with essential needs. These children often have nothing but the clothes they’re wearing when the social worker picks them up.
Below are the items the Girl Planning Board (GPB) chose to accept at our Girls Night Out…side Camp Weekend. All donated goods are to be unopened and/or have never been used (or worn):
- Hygiene Packs (which include 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, bars of soap, individual toothbrushes and toothpaste, and deodorant – should you want to assemble your own!)
- Pajamas of all sizes (newborn – juniors)
- Socks of all sizes (newborn – juniors)
- Underwear of all sizes (child – adult)
*** Share this BEAR Necessities Donation Drive flyer with your troops. ***
NEW: Would your troop like to have a camping mentor for this camp out?
Or can your troop be a camping mentor to another troop?
- Camping mentors contact their mentee troop and decide how best to answer questions and share info before the November campout (leaders could talk on the phone, troops could meet and talk, their choice)
- Mentor / mentee troops can coordinate getting together at the camp out at a time that suits them, perhaps to share a camp-cooked meal in their camping unit
- There will be a checkbox on the registration form to show your interest in this offering, and the event organizers will then contact you.
Meals at this camp out: We will have a catered hot meal in the lodge all together on Saturday evening. Other meals will either be very simple meal kits provided to troops, or troops can bring their own food (and pay a lower registration cost).
- Saturday-Day-camper meal plan / $20 per person: Covers day-camping activities costs plus Saturday lunch kit, hot catered dinner, snack and s’mores.
- Overnight camper Saturday Dinner & Snack Meal plan / $20 per person: Covers all overnight camping and activities costs plus Saturday dinner, snack and s’mores provided — troop brings own food for all other meals
- Overnight camper All meals plan / $30 per person: Covers all overnight camping and activities costs, Saturday dinner and s’mores, plus these simple meal kits:
- Saturday breakfast – muffins, fruit, eggs and sausage (to be cooked by troops in their camping unit)
- Saturday lunch – sandwich set-ups, chips, fruit
- Sunday breakfast – cereal and milk, fruit, granola bars
Camp Cooking Demo / Open House on Saturday 1:30-2:30pm:
Would your troop like to host a booth to demonstrate a camp cooking technique, which could serve as badge or journey related work for your girls?
We are looking for a troop for each of these categories.
We provide a table / space and will reimburse you for food costs. You bring the equipment, and are ready to demonstrate the method with one recipe (or more if you like) and offer people several printed recipes.
This will be a low-key Open House style event, as troops may also be participating in other camp activities at this time – it’s just an option for interested people to stop by and learn about camp cooking.
Interested? Email bendingbayous AT gmail.com.
- Box oven cooking
- Dutch oven cooking
- Propane stove / one pot meal
- Foil pouches
- General camp Q&A for new campers
This event is planned by girls for girls and is open to all troop levels from Daisies to Ambassadors. Troops can stay for the day, one night or the entire weekend. It is such a fun and enriching experience for all and only comes around once every 3 years.
Training and Certification Requirements:
- All troops need a First Aid trained adult.
- All troops staying overnight need a Camp-Trained adult (separate from the First Aider).
- Girls wishing to canoe without an adult will need a Level III Swim Card and Safe Boating Card.
Service Project: Our Girl Planning Board (GPB) chose to make donations to benefit girls in shelters – more details coming soon.
More planning tips:
- Plan for your girls to make Girls Night Out…side SWAPS prior to the weekend, so they can trade with girls in other troops.
- Have your troop wear matching t-shirts. This helps you easily spot your girls and identify your troop.
- Leave vests and sashes at home unless your troop is in the opening ceremony. They’ll stay cleaner there.
- Overnight Packing List
Please Note: The Girls Night Out…side Camp Weekend is hosted by the Bending Bayous Community. This is not a Council event. Please direct all correspondences to email@example.com.
- PayPal : Log in to your account and select “Send or request money”.
- Send money to “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Select “Sending to a friend”
- In the note, please state your troop # and your name and email address.
- To avoid a PayPal fee, your account will need to be tied to a bank account or have a PayPal balance, not just tied to a debit / credit card.
- Checks: Payable to “Bending Bayous Community”, include your troop #, and mailed to:
1846 Kipling St.
Houston, TX 77098
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration. Final payment is due by October 12th.
- Refunds (minus $50 deposit) will be given if troop cancels before October 30, 2018.