Scouting rises within you and inspires you to put forth your best.
– Juliette Gordon Low (Founder of the Girl Scouts of the USA)
How to become a Troop Leader:
• Go to Adult Registration, complete requested info & click “Continue”.
• After reading instructions, click “Search Roles”
• Enter troop # to which you’d like to be associated (probably your girl’s troop #).
• Select desired volunteer role and click “Next”
• Complete additional membership info, accept the Girl Scout Promise and Law and choose payment option. Click Submit.
• Complete Payment Information and click “Process Changes”.
• Complete Race, Ethnicity, and Number of Years in Girl scouting info and click “Submit”.
|Complete Background Check
You’ll receive an email that will have background check information.
• Background Check Policy
|Complete Online Training
You’ll receive a second e-mail with a training link.
• Volunteer Basics Training Videos
Troop# required to take knowledge check.
|Review New Leader Resources
• New Leader Resources on our Council’s website
• Volunteer Toolkit – For Daisy, Brownie, and Junior troops, it’s pre-populated plans for a full year of Girl Scouts! Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador troops don’t get pre-populated meetings yet (coming soon), but you can still access great planning features.
|Attend New Leader Cafes and Community Meetings
Check our calendar for upcoming meetings and events. We look forward to meeting you soon!
For Your New Girl Members:
|Parent Registers Girl Online
• Ask parent to go to Girl Registration, fill out all 8 fields and click “Continue”
• For Specific Troops: Enter the number you’ve been given in the “Troop/ Group#” box and click search
• If you haven’t been given a troop: enter your zip and search for a troop near you. You may narrow down results by choosing a radius and grade for your girl.
• Select the correct troop and click “Next”.
• Complete the additional membership info and accept the Girl Scout Promise/ Law
• Choose the payment option and click submit
• Complete payment info and click “process changes”
• Complete Race, Ethnicity, and number of years in Girl Scouting info and click complete!
Registration is now complete!
|You’ll collect the following from each girl:
Girl Scout Medical Information Form (F-185)
Girl Scout Permission Slip (F-204) or
Multi-use Permission Slip (F-204M for multiple events)